Food Consumption Impact Datasets
The Food Consumption Impact Datasets include food products at consumer level - either at the consumer's home or at the retailer. Products include consumer foods ranging from for example mustard, apples, prepared mixed salad and ready to eat soups, to sunflower oil, yoghurt and meat burgers.
The Food Consumption Impact Datasets can be used to assess the environmental impacts of consumer foods, while being able to rely on a consistent, qualitatively sound set of data.
The Food Consumption Impact Datasets: Farm to Fork & Farm to Retail
The datasets are available with the following system boundaries:
- The Farm to Fork dataset, containing environmental impact data on 173 (EU) or 213 (NL) products at consumption stage.
- The Farm to Retail dataset, containing environmental impact data on 161 (EU) or 209 (NL) products at retail (e.g. supermarket) stage.
Furthermore, the Food Consumption Impact Datasets are:
- Available on EU as well as on NL scope
- Provided in Excel or CSV format
- Calculated using the best possible allocation methods
- Reviewed by LCA experts
- Almost entirely updated in 2019
- Providing information on the following 10 environmental impact categories:
Global warming - Including LUC / Global warming - Excluding LUC / Fine particulate matter formation / Terrestrial acidification / Freshwater eutrophication / Marine eutrophication / Land use / Mineral resource scarcity / Fossil resource scarcity / Water consumption
For more information on the datasets, please take a look at our Q&A document on the Food Consumption Impact Datasets.
The datasets are available upon request for:
€350,- (ex. VAT) for NL scope (one user)
€700,- (ex. VAT) for EU scope (one user)
Purchasing the datasets is possible by contacting Laura Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in a licence for more users, if you would like to include the data in your own tool, if you have a request for a different system boundary, or if you have any questions about the datasets, also please contact Laura Wolf at email@example.com.